Saturday, July 25, 2009

The aftermath

I've been quite remiss in updating, and I fear this will be short also. The two-sermon Sunday went well but took a lot out of me and I've been playing catch-up on sleep and work all week. Which is to say it was a really good experience to have now, because if I do end up becoming a pastor I could be doing that kind of weekend on a fairly regular basis, so I'll need to get my game face on.

I've another sermon tomorrow night, on Mark 6:30-44, which is... not ready yet... I don't think. So we'll see how that one goes. I could preach on it right now if I needed to but I have the very uncomfortable feeling that I'm missing something important in the passage. But I don't suppose sleep-depriving myself (it's almost midnight as I write this) is going to do much good either.

If you want to hear my three sermons on Jesus and Nicodemus, here you go. Based on how I felt both in preparation and in the pulpit, the second is probably the best; but I haven't listened to them myself yet. Except for a few brief moments, just long enough to be reminded that my voice sounds really weird in recording. And possibly in real life.

John 2:23-3:10
John 3:11-3:15
John 3:16-3:21

Let me know if I preached any heresy.

No comments: